Thursday 25 February 2010

Something that makes me smile

I started my new job about a month ago and I have periods of downtime which allow me to do certain things, like keep updated with the blogs I follow or drool over pretty things but my favorite thing to do is to read MLIA otherwise known as My Life Is Average, and to send the ones I like the best to make my friend Violet smile, she has significantly less downtime! The website consists of submitted very short stories detailing occurances, however often these seem to be not very average. Things like teachers rewarding the non-academic creativity of their students and the surprise of stereotypes being broken are regular themes and while some are very cheesy and some just plain unfunny there are some that connect in a small way...also this is where ninjas beat pirates and yahoo cowers in the corner having been mercilessly beaten by google. Here are some recent examples:-

On the last page of my science textbook is the periodic table. Today I saw that someone had drawn a new square for the element of surprise. MLIA

Today, I was sitting in a booth in a restaurant. When I looked to my side there was a little kid looking at me at the exact same time I was looking at him. This happen about 5 times until the 6th time I looked at him and he said to me, "Stranger, i am your reflection", in a darth vader voice. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Thank you mystery reflection boy. MLIA

Today, I learned that my dad has special striped "snow socks." Not because they are warm, but because if he gets buried under a snowdrift, he can stick his foot out like the Wicked Witch Of The East and be rescued faster. I love my dad. MLIA

Today, I was teaching a Daddy-and-me class, where fathers can bond with their baby children. During one exercise, they were to ask their child what an animal says, and see if the child can answer. Most asked what a pig or a cow says, but one man asked his little girl, "What does Mr. T say? What does Mr. T say?" She then said,"Ah piddy da foo!" Perfect. MLIA

Today, my sister was complaining about my baby niece's recent strange behavior. I spent all of Thanksgiving break teaching her that tackling people with a "RAWR!" is an acceptable form of showing affection. My nephew has begun calling her his dinosaur sister. I'm so proud of those two. MLIA

Today, some of the school computers were broken. Most said "could not log on" but one said "Possessed. Mouse ran away." MLIA

Today, some Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door. My three year old son, dressed in all red ran out of the door started kicking and hitting them. without missing a beat, my wife called from inside the house, "Lucifer! What did Mummy tell you? You work inside their minds, not by kicking them!" The men all stared wide-eyed at my son and said good-bye. MLIA

Today, I tested the good ole Google versus Yahoo war by typing in 'dinosaurs were'. Yahoo told me "dinosaurs were exctinct". Google told me "dinosaurs were invented by the cia to discourage time travel." Oh hey google- you win again. MLIA

Today, I was walking down the street when I felt several small bits of snow sting the back of my head. I looked up and saw a squirrel next to a pile of snow. I believe I am the first person ever to have had a squirrel throw snowballs at them. MLIA.

2 comments:

  1. joys of the internet indeed, you are very lucky to have some downtime in your job. i sneak a peak at blogs when at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, some is nice but it's getting less due to the office getting busier which I'm really glad of. Too much doing nothing makes me frustrated!

    ReplyDelete