Friday 5 March 2010

10 Things

For the past three hours the alarm in my office has been going off. Very, very loudly. So as a result everyone has a headache and we have learnt the teamwork of calling to get it fixed and to use storage bags and sellotape to muffle the sounds. I woke up this morning in a pretty good mood and in an effort to regain it here is a list of things that are currently making me smile!

1. The fact that my best friend, Violet, is driving here tonight to celebrate her birthday with me for the weekend, and with a big group of us tomorrow night in town.
2. The sun is shining, even if the sky isn't exactly blue and we are closer now to summer than we were yesterday.
3. The two volcano-spot monsters that have been parked on my chin for the past fortnight have cleared up.
4. I have with, one lunchtime of exception, been vegan for 2 weeks and 3 days. I am trying it for Lent and so far am enjoying it. (On reflection, I wonder if this may have been a contributing cause of number three happpening)
5. Alice In Wonderland is released today! I'm not going until next week with friends so will be dodging spoilers and too much discussion until then.
6. The prospect of getting actual mail. I just found out about and joined Postcrossing and I am looking forward sending and receiving postcards all around the world!
7. Matthew Gray Gubler's episode of Criminal Minds. It was perfect, it fit with the story-telling method that we are used to with the show but at the same time he put his aesthetic and emotional imprint on the episode. Plus it had Beth Grant, Amy Cusack and Bud Cort in it, there were lots of little homages to horror movies and Harold and Maude and there was an element of Carnivale in there too. There was even a cast member, Felix 'Stumpy' Dreyfuss himself (otherwise know as Toby Huss)! The Gube, what a guy x
8. Since we are on the subject, Carnivale makes me happy...in a melancholy, tragic involving way.
9. Strawberries, especially free ones! (They were offered round at work) Makes me long for summer when I can go to the farm near my parents house and do the whole pick-your-own thing. Fresh, juicy and warmed by the sun strawberries, mmmmmmmnn,
10. Did I mention I am getting to see the most awesome woman in the world this weekend?
Hope you all (by which I mean anyone who happens to come by this, my little fraction of the internet) have fantastic weekends whatever your plans may be! I'd love to hear about them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment