Tuesday 23 March 2010

New Things

I'm shocked that it was over two weeks ago that I last posted. I'd like to say I've a decent reason but the truth is something else. Something broke in a friendship that has been very important to me over the past two years and although there is a lot of bad involved in that there is some good coming out of it. I have realised the goals I set for myself when moving to Manchester are still way too far from achieved, and this breaking has spurred me on to get busy and push myself. So I put together a list of things I want to do and starting thinking about all the things that previous habits formed by the friendship pushed from my mind.
Maybe because I am more open to things but good things have been happening, an old friend sought me out on facebook which encouraged me to seek out two friends who were a part of the happiest time of my life, one of whom has very enthusiastically replied; I have started taking a Swing Dancing class which I have been wanting to do try for a while now and I am really enjoying it. I am trying veganism for Lent and am finding it easier than previously thought to make the change. I've starting learning to sew clothes, so far I've made a dress, a night-gown and am currently taking on a shirt. I drove to see Violet's new place down South and had a lovely weekend with her, just shopping and hanging out. The weather has been good, the sky bluer and signs of Spring are creeping in. Tonight I'm meeting up with some family for a meal, a situation of lucky circumstance and proximity. I'm not ready to give up on the friendship that broke, but it is nice that when I looked I saw many reminders that there are possibilities there if I am willing to push for it.
Also I bought a tube of MAC Russian Red which is as good as an excuse to hold your head up and smile as any other I've found! Anyway, I have plenty of things I want to post and babble about but for now I just want to say thank you to and for everything, especially those who have so kindly commented here.

xxx

1 http://www.ansanctoir.ie/Images/swing.gif
2 http://tiarasquemamaeodeia.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/russian-red.jpg

1 comment:

  1. it's good to have goals i think. & i'm a believer in everything happens or a reason.

    ReplyDelete